What makes a teacher great?
* A great teacher maintains professionalism in all areas.
* A great teacher has clear, written-out objectives for his/her students.
* A great teacher is always organized and prepared.
* A great teacher is a leader.
* A great teacher motivates the students.
* A great teacher has a wonderful sense of humor.
* A great teacher enjoy what they do because they’re passionate.
* A great teacher is creative.
* A great teacher sets high expectations for their students.
* A great teacher has in-depth content knowledge of their subject/material.
* A great teacher is always accessible whenever his/her students may need them.
Although I am grateful to all the teachers who have taught me during my school years, there is always that one teacher that has the most impact on me because he was everything that I listed above and more. He was always prepared, always on time, had a great sense of humor, and he was patient when it comes to explaining material that we sometimes didn’t understand the first time around. He’ll always be my all-time favorite teacher! 🙂
*** Photos and GIFs via Google Search from Matthew Gray Gubler’s movie The Learning Curve.