GIF via Tumblr
Image via Pinterest
Can you hold onto the world while holding onto the cross? Are we storing up our riches here on earth or are we looking forward to the treasures of heaven?
Here is Justin with today’s reminder. God bless.
While reading/studying/discussing the Bible, I love jotting down notes. The Bible is filled with wonderful treasures and I love discovering them one by one. A few firsts I’ve discovered are:
* The first city mentioned in the Bible was Enoch which was founded by Cain and named after his son. (Genesis 4:17)
* Abel was the first shepherd. (Genesis 4:2)
* The first priest mentioned in the Bible was Melchizedek. (Genesis 14:18) He also received the first tithe.
* Cain committed the first murder when he killed his brother Abel, which also makes Abel the first person to die. (Genesis 4)
* The first marriage was between Adam and Eve (Genesis 2:21-24)
* The first twins recorded were Jacob and Esau. Their mother was Rebekah. (Genesis 25:24-26)
* Esau was the first man to have two wives (Genesis 26:34)
* Deborah was the first and only female judge. (Judges 4:4)
* First left-hander? Ehud. (Judges 3:15)
* David wrote the first letter; it was addressed to Joab. (2 Samuel 11:14)
* Sarah baked the first cake. (Genesis 18:6)
* The first person to be tied up? Isaac. (Genesis 22:9)
* Noah was the first person recorded as getting drunk. (Genesis 9:21)
* The first surgery? Well, I like to think that the first surgery was performed when God put Adam to sleep and remove one of his ribs to create his equal half, woman. (Genesis 2:21-22)
* The first surrogate? When Sarah couldn’t bear children and she told her husband Abraham to lay with their Egyptian handmaid Hagar so Sarah can obtain children by her. (Genesis 16)
* Green is the first color mentioned (Genesis 1:30).
* Stephen was the first martyr of the Christian church. (Acts 7)
* The first measure of weight used was Shekel. (Genesis 23:15)
* Physicians are first mentioned in Genesis 50:2 when Joseph embalmed his father in Egypt.
* First to use a pulpit? Ezra (Nehemiah 8:4)
* Shishak was the first king of Egypt to be called by name instead of Pharoah; he was also the only king of Egypt to be called by name. (1 Kings 11:40)
Do you disagree with some of these firsts? Any that you’ll like to share? Feel free to comment down below. God bless.