I don’t have an iPod (do these things still exist?), but I can put my phone on shuffle.
1. God and God Alone – Steve Green
2. Peace – Depeche Mode
3. All I Want – Michael W. Smith
4. Pardon – Ridsa
5. Angel – Depeche Mode
6. I Need Thee Every Hour – Fernando Ortega
7. Porto Rico – Ridsa
8. Morning Has Broken – Cat Stevens
9. Here I Am to Worship – Michael W. Smith
10. Sing to Jesus – Fernando Ortega
My blog is usually awards-free, but I tend to accept one or two awards from time to time. However, I realize that I don’t accept it in a timely manner. Two months later, I’m now accepting the award when the time past and it kind of put me off. Anyway, let’s get this started.
The wonderful Abhishek nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award since last month, but I’m just now getting to it (Forgive me, Abhishek!). Abhishek is a wordsmith and his gift of writing can sometimes make you sit and ponder. If you haven’t visited his blog as yet, what are you waiting for?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is awarded to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the Blogging Community.
Here are the rules:
Write a post thanking the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blogging site. Answer the 11 questions asked to you by the person who nominated you. Nominate 11 new bloggers and write them 11 new questions. List the Rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your site or in your post.
And now, my answers to Abhishek’s questions:
1. What’s your favorite hobby?
I’m looking to add more hobbies to my list soon, but writing trumps all.
2. Have you ever fought with your best friend?
We may have our disagreements, but we don’t ever fight… or did we? 🤔
3. Any experience when you let your parents down.
None that I can recall.
4. What will you choose, a book of wisdom or a bag of gold?
Definitely a book of wisdom! Wait, I already have such book: the Bible. 💙
5. What’s your favorite Hollywood movie?
Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol and Rogue Nation.
6. Which is your favorite music band?
When I was a slave to music, I liked many bands, but Depeche Mode always stood out for me the most because I identified with their songs.
7. Would you like to be a space traveler?
Yes… in my dreams! Why? Because it’s safer there! 😜
8. When do you think the world would end?
When all of the prophecies in Revelation come to pass.
9. What would you do if you are elected as a world leader for one day?
I’ll be a spiritual world leader for one day and I’ll use this platform to tell the world about Jesus Christ and how He’s the only way and the truth.
10. Can you control your anger?
All the time. I know getting angry is normal for any sane human being, but I dislike this emotion.
11. What are your life goals?
To continue to die every day as I try my best to live for God. Sometimes my best is not enough, but He’s always there to pick me up and put me back on the right path.
I nominate… you know what I’m about to say: it’s open to everyone.
***GIFs and photos via Google Search
Day 20: Who in your life are you grateful for?
My family, my friends, and you wonderful bloggers! 💙
Day 21: What song are you most grateful for?
At the moment, Peace by Depeche Mode. I think I talked about this song last month and why I chose it for the song that’s going to get me through 2018.
I was blessed with the sound of silence today. I spent it blissfully in my office catching up on blogs, reading, and planning for the next day.
I need to change the graphic sometime soon. It wore off on me. Anyways…
I’m leaving bitterness
Behind this time
I’m cleaning out my mind
There is no space
For the regrets
I will remember to forget
I can’t believe that two weeks have already been shaved off January! It’s crazy at how fast time is passing us by. This post should’ve been scheduled for earlier, but I did not have time over the weekend to do so. Enough talk. I just want to share my scripture for 2018 and it comes from Revelation 3:20.
via Google Search
This scripture is going to be vital for me this year as I continue to walk with God. As I continue to search, pray and study His Word. It brings peace to my soul knowing that He is there for me always hence the Depeche Mode song, Peace.
I’m leaving anger in the past
With all the shadows
That it cast
There is a radar in my heart
I should have trusted
From the start
La Petit Muse is an award-free zone, but I do make exceptions from time to time. 🙂
I was nominated by my bestie Tammy over on Godinspiredart for this award. Mon amie, merci beaucoup! ❤ I’ll also like to thank my mother and father for raising me into the woman that I am today. My sisters for being there for me and… okay, enough playing. Let’s do this.
1. If you could be any animal on earth, what would it be and why?
An eagle. It is the sign of strength given that they soar with ease without flapping their wings. They fly alone (they don’t have no time for bird gossip!), they’re patient and they’re faithful for life and they’re majestic beauties. ❤
2. If you had to write the soundtrack of your life, what would be the first three songs?
Heart of Worship – Michael W. Smith
Forever – Michael W. Smith
Enjoy the Silence – Depeche Mode
3. If your death was imminent, what would you choose as your last meal?
Gaaa! I must’ve bumped into this question like 99 times this year! I’ll have to go with macaroni pie, tiramisu for dessert and coffee. There is always room for coffee.
4. What movie that has not yet been made would you pay good money to see?
The one where they actually told the story from the Biblical point of view and not man’s.
5. What was your favorite age to be and why?
The age that I am now.
6. What is the one book that has most inspired your writing and/or life?
It’s always the Holy Bible.
7. If you could live anywhere you please, without that pesky restraint called money, where would it be and why?
You know there is only one place for me!
Well, that was fun. Thanks again, Tammykins. ❤
Here we go again! 🙂
Day 6: Pet peeves
When the Lord’s name is taken in vain.
Day 7: Reasons to be happy
Just waking up to see another day! Being alive and being able to breathe is beautiful and enough reason to be happy! ❤
Day 8: Random quirks of mine
Random? Try weird. I refuse to travel in red cars unless it’s someone I know at the wheel. When it comes to money, all bills must be facing the same way – largest to smallest. When I sneeze, I dislike it when someone says ‘Bless you.’ I must have clean feet when I go to bed. In order for me to work/write, things have to be messy as possible. When I used to watch TV and I turned it off it has to be on channel 5.
Before I go to bed at night, I must make sure that the locks on the doors are locked and this may mean me unlocking them to lock them again. If I like a song, I put it on repeat 4 times. Yep, just 4.
Shucks! I got carried away! Are they even quirks, quarks, or just obsessive compulsives? *shrugging*
Day 9: Favorite songs
Honestly, I don’t listen to music as before, but I do like a few songs at the moment:
* Draw Me Close to You – Michael W. Smith
* Bittersweet Symphony – The Verve
* Mambo Italiano – Rosemary Clooney
* No Fakes – Dobre Brothers
* Nothing’s Impossible – Depeche Mode
* That’s Amore – Dean Martin
Day 10: Odd facts I know
Haha! Yes! Because I’m a walking encyclopedia, I know these things! Kidding. Kidding. But I love weird fun facts so I’ll share 4 that I know off the top of my head:
* A sneeze travels out your mouth at over 100 m.p.h.
* Cleaveland spelled backward is ‘DNA level C’
* When ATMs were first invented, it was originally thought to be a failure for the only users were people who didn’t want to deal with the tellers face to face: gamblers and prostitutes.
* The French government gives medals to citizens who have “successfully raised several children with dignity.”
Cheila did the 100 Questions Tag two weeks or so ago and I thought I’ll give it a go because I love doing fun tags. It’s 100 questions, so if you plan on sitting through this post, I suggest you grab your popcorn.
1) What’s your favorite season?
Football season. 🙂
2) Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4.
The Bible is the book always nearest to me. Page 18, line 4 taken from Genesis:
And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the
3) Who was the last person you texted?
4) Before you started this survey, what were you doing?
Learning motor vehicle regulations with my sister.
5) What is the last thing you watched on TV?
France v Wales. It’s been a while since I’ve sat down to a football match. I now look forward to watching that game we have against Germany on Tuesday, God’s willing.
6) Without looking, guess what time it is.
7) Now look at the clock–what time is it?
8) With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
Frogs croaking and parrots chirping. Wait, do parrots chirp? I think they squawk.
9) Do you like fish?
Once it contains scales and fins.
10) Mac or PC?
11) Do you remember your dreams?
12) When did you last laugh?
A few minutes ago.
13) Do you remember why/what at?
It was to do with a question on the regulations manual that my sister is studying for.
14) Have you ever been to Canada?
15) Shoes, socks, or bare feet?
16) Do you wear perfume?
17) What is the last film you saw?
American Made. I didn’t write a review, but Tom Cruise SLAYED.
18) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
*sighs* Anywhere in France.
19) If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?
I know that this is not relevant to the question, but I’ll give to churches and charities, open a franchise and travel the world on missions for the Lord.
20) What’s your favorite band?
I don’t care for music anymore, but Depeche Mode and Dobre Brothers.
21) Have you ever had to have surgery?
22) Do you enjoy school?
Never liked school.
23) What do you think of these questions so far?
24) Are you a righty or a lefty?
Right, although I wish I was ambidextrous. 😛
25) Who made the last incoming call on your phone?
My bestie Tammykins. ❤
26) What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer?
27) Last time you swam in a pool?
I can’t swim.
28) Type of music you dislike most?
I don’t listen to music like before.
29) Are you listening to music right now?
30) What’s your favorite color?
31) Is there anything you’re disappointed about?
No, I am content and blessed.
32) What was the last thing you bought?
Books. It’s always books! 🙂
33) Sun or rain?
Both, although of late, I am favoring the rain.
34) Would you rather go bungee jumping or skydiving?
I’d love to do both!
35) What’s your zodiac sign?
I don’t follow/believe in signs.
36) What’s your hair color?
Black, reddish-brown at the very back.
37) What quote do you live by?
Matthew 6:34: “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.”
38) What’s your favorite zoo animal?
I don’t like the zoo, but if I had to choose it might be the giraffes.
39) Do you have any pets?
Yes, a cat and a dog. ❤
40) What color are your eyes?
41) Do you wear any kind of jewelry 24/7?
42) Do you turn the water off when you brush your teeth?
43) Do you know how to change your car’s oil?
I don’t have a car.
44) Do you have any phobias?
Not that I believe.
45) What’s your lucky number?
I don’t have one, but my favorite number is 4.
46) Have you ever eaten a crayon?
No, but I have eaten chalk!
47) Can you solve a Rubix cube?
Never tried to.
48) What are you listening to right now?
The sound of my mother’s voice. ❤
49) Do you like unicorns?
50) Do you wear the hood on hoodies?
51) Is the glass half empty or half full?
52) What’s the farthest away place you’ve been?
San Fernando. ❤
53) Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
My shoes don’t have laces.
54) What’s your favorite radio station?
I don’t listen to the radio.
55) Are you allergic to anything?
Rudeness and lies.
56) Were you named after anyone?
No, thank goodness!
57) Do you wear glasses/contacts?
I wear glasses when I have to read.
58) Have you ever walked out of a movie theater before the film was over?
No. Even if the film was bad, I stayed because movies are expensive. I don’t go to the movies anymore, though.
59) What’s your least favorite school subject?
A toss up between Maths and Science… when I used to attend school.
60) Put your iTunes library on shuffle. What song comes up?
I don’t have iTunes, but I can shuffle the playlist on my phone… Michael W. Smith’s Above All.
61) Do you wear jeans or sweatpants more?
62) Where in the world would you like to travel?
A lot of places, but France remains the top priority.
63) Are you traveling anywhere soon?
I hope so. 🙂
64) Have you ever built an igloo?
No, but I’ll love to build one!
65) Best thing at Starbucks?
Strawberries and crème frappuccino. I haven’t been to Starbucks for a while, though.
66) Do you like watching scary movies?
67) What’s the best thing about school?
With a smile ten miles wide on my face I can happily say that my school days are behind me.
68) What were you doing at midnight last night?
Working on Dangerous Obsession.
69) What’s under your bed?
70) How do you really feel about what you’re doing right now?
I know this word is overused, but I am just content right now.
71) Think fast, what do you like right now?
The food I just consumed.
72) Are you sarcastic?
No. I’m about as dry as a used lemon. 🙂
73) What time do you get up?
5:45 am or earlier on weekdays, 7:15 am for church and I sleep in late on Sundays.
74) What was the name of your first pet?
Skipper. He was a red tomcat.
75) What color are your sheets?
Blue of course!
76) How are you feeling right now?
77) What was your favorite food as a child?
Saltfish and dumpling.
78) Can you whistle?
79) Do you drink soda?
80) Have you read the harry potter series?
No, and I have any intention to.
81) Can you drive a stick shift?
I don’t have a car.
82) What’s your favorite candle scent?
83) Have your pants ever fallen down in public?
84) Do you sing in the shower?
85) Can you speak another language?
86) Can you close your eyes and raise your eyebrows?
87) Dogs or cats?
Although I have both for pets, I’ll always prefer dogs.
88) Do you make wishes at 11:11?
89) What’s your favorite type of chapstick?
I don’t use chapsticks.
90) Which came first–the chicken or the egg?
91) What are you reading now?
The Holy Bible.
92) Can you touch your nose with your tongue?
Just tried it… almost, my tongue isn’t long enough.
93) Can you walk in heels?
Yes, but I haven’t worn heels for a while.
94) How many rings before you answer the phone?
Give or take, two.
95) Any new and exciting things you’d like to share?
Well, Tammy came to my work twice last week and it was a blessing to see her because she’s busy with rehearsals.
96) What is most important in life?
Living for God.
97) What inspires you?
Jesus Christ is my true inspiration.
*** I numbered it accordingly because I am a little OCD when I see things out of place, but while answering the questions, I realized that there was no Q 9, Q 21 and Q 80. I am not tagging anyone to do this, but Tammy, I’ll love to read your answers if you’re up for the challenge. 🙂
*** GIFs via Google Search