Another Monday is here and at the moment, I am halfway through it. I am having an awesome day, although we’re a little busy. I was just on Amazon browsing through new book titles and then I remembered that I had a big pile of TBR to get through.
But it won’t stop me from buying new books in the near future… which is actually right around the corner… which is actually next month God’s willing… which brings me to…
And here are some sayings to get you by for the rest of the day. 😊
How is your Monday shaping up? I trust that you’re having a great one!
***Photos via Google Search
December 09th: Out of reach
Was there a toy or thing you always wanted as a child, during the holidays or on your birthday, but never received? Tell us about it
Whoa! Jogging my memory to a time I left behind is taxing. Maybe there was such a toy I had wanted back then, maybe there wasn’t, but I was not big on toys, so I can’t remember at the moment.
December 10th: Unexpected
Unexpectedly, you lose your job. (Or a loved one. Or something or someone important to you.) What do you do next?
Just last week my colleagues were discussing this! And I remember saying that if I were to lose my job unexpectedly, I wouldn’t even cry over it; I’ll just get on my knees and go to God in prayer.
December 11th: My precious
Who is the person in your life who can do no wrong? Describe this person and tell us why you hold them in such high esteem.
There is no such person in my life who can do no wrong for we’ve all sinned at some point in our life. The only person I hold in such high esteem is Jesus Christ.
***Gif and pictures via Google Search
GIF via Tumblr
Image via Pinterest
Can you hold onto the world while holding onto the cross? Are we storing up our riches here on earth or are we looking forward to the treasures of heaven?
Here is Justin with today’s reminder. God bless.
Here we go again! 🙂
Day 6: Pet peeves
When the Lord’s name is taken in vain.
Day 7: Reasons to be happy
Just waking up to see another day! Being alive and being able to breathe is beautiful and enough reason to be happy! ❤
Day 8: Random quirks of mine
Random? Try weird. I refuse to travel in red cars unless it’s someone I know at the wheel. When it comes to money, all bills must be facing the same way – largest to smallest. When I sneeze, I dislike it when someone says ‘Bless you.’ I must have clean feet when I go to bed. In order for me to work/write, things have to be messy as possible. When I used to watch TV and I turned it off it has to be on channel 5.
Before I go to bed at night, I must make sure that the locks on the doors are locked and this may mean me unlocking them to lock them again. If I like a song, I put it on repeat 4 times. Yep, just 4.
Shucks! I got carried away! Are they even quirks, quarks, or just obsessive compulsives? *shrugging*
Day 9: Favorite songs
Honestly, I don’t listen to music as before, but I do like a few songs at the moment:
* Draw Me Close to You – Michael W. Smith
* Bittersweet Symphony – The Verve
* Mambo Italiano – Rosemary Clooney
* No Fakes – Dobre Brothers
* Nothing’s Impossible – Depeche Mode
* That’s Amore – Dean Martin
Day 10: Odd facts I know
Haha! Yes! Because I’m a walking encyclopedia, I know these things! Kidding. Kidding. But I love weird fun facts so I’ll share 4 that I know off the top of my head:
* A sneeze travels out your mouth at over 100 m.p.h.
* Cleaveland spelled backward is ‘DNA level C’
* When ATMs were first invented, it was originally thought to be a failure for the only users were people who didn’t want to deal with the tellers face to face: gamblers and prostitutes.
* The French government gives medals to citizens who have “successfully raised several children with dignity.”
While reading/studying/discussing the Bible, I love jotting down notes. The Bible is filled with wonderful treasures and I love discovering them one by one. A few firsts I’ve discovered are:
* The first city mentioned in the Bible was Enoch which was founded by Cain and named after his son. (Genesis 4:17)
* Abel was the first shepherd. (Genesis 4:2)
* The first priest mentioned in the Bible was Melchizedek. (Genesis 14:18) He also received the first tithe.
* Cain committed the first murder when he killed his brother Abel, which also makes Abel the first person to die. (Genesis 4)
* The first marriage was between Adam and Eve (Genesis 2:21-24)
* The first twins recorded were Jacob and Esau. Their mother was Rebekah. (Genesis 25:24-26)
* Esau was the first man to have two wives (Genesis 26:34)
* Deborah was the first and only female judge. (Judges 4:4)
* First left-hander? Ehud. (Judges 3:15)
* David wrote the first letter; it was addressed to Joab. (2 Samuel 11:14)
* Sarah baked the first cake. (Genesis 18:6)
* The first person to be tied up? Isaac. (Genesis 22:9)
* Noah was the first person recorded as getting drunk. (Genesis 9:21)
* The first surgery? Well, I like to think that the first surgery was performed when God put Adam to sleep and remove one of his ribs to create his equal half, woman. (Genesis 2:21-22)
* The first surrogate? When Sarah couldn’t bear children and she told her husband Abraham to lay with their Egyptian handmaid Hagar so Sarah can obtain children by her. (Genesis 16)
* Green is the first color mentioned (Genesis 1:30).
* Stephen was the first martyr of the Christian church. (Acts 7)
* The first measure of weight used was Shekel. (Genesis 23:15)
* Physicians are first mentioned in Genesis 50:2 when Joseph embalmed his father in Egypt.
* First to use a pulpit? Ezra (Nehemiah 8:4)
* Shishak was the first king of Egypt to be called by name instead of Pharoah; he was also the only king of Egypt to be called by name. (1 Kings 11:40)
Do you disagree with some of these firsts? Any that you’ll like to share? Feel free to comment down below. God bless.