NOTE that I said ‘I’ and not why ‘you’ should attend church. I am not here to preach about why one should attend church. This is a reflection post of my churchgoing life.
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Church is an essential part of my spiritual life. When I had stopped attending, my life took a nose dive because I was missing out on the spiritual part of it although I was praying constantly. I talked about reattending church last year in a post last month and how vital it is now for my well being. I am fascinated by Jesus Christ and I strive to be like Him every day and He set an example by going to the synagogues and preaching on the Sabbath (Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; Luke 6:6; Luke 13:10).
I attend church because…
* I get to pay my tithes.
* I get to be spiritually rejuvenated.
* I get to mix and mingle with like-minded sisters and brothers, my second family.
* It helps me to focus on His Word and connect with Him. ❤
* It fills my heart and soul with joy and song.
* To hear others’ testimonies.
* It is God’s dwelling place, therefore it is my home.
But I have built an house of habitation for thee, and a place for thy dwelling forever.
2 Chronicles 6:2
Image via Wikipedia
* I get to talk to God’s representative (pastor) if I need guidance or prayers.
* I get a chance to reflect on gratitude.
* I am taught forgiveness.
* I have the opportunity to worship God.
* I have a better understanding of the Bible.
For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
Thank you, God, for reintroducing church into my spiritual life for I am certainly reaping the benefits.