Image via Google Search
When it comes to role models, there is only one person I look up to, our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I’ve learned so much from Him and am still learning. Here are 10 life lessons we can all learn from the King of Kings.
1. He came not to be served, but to serve Mark 10:45 And here’s a lesson for future leaders: If you want to be great, SERVE! Matthew 23:11-12
2. Always go beyond what is required. Matthew 5: 40-42
3. He is the King of mingling. He mingled with sinners which must have certainly caused a stir back then, but Jesus never judged. Matthew 7:1-6
4. Forgive. Forgive. Forgive! Even if it’s 100 times, forgive. Nobody is perfect and when you forgive someone, a heavy weight is lifted off your shoulders. And when you forgive, God forgives you. Matthew 6:14-15 & Matthew 18:21-22
5. Pray in earnest. Matthew 7:7-8
6. Whenever He was tempted, He quoted scriptures. Memorizing scriptures can calm and reassure us during the storm. Matthew 4:1-11
7. Live for today. Whenever I feel I’m worrying too much I am reminded that I should live for today and not worry what tomorrow may bring. Matthew 6:25-34
8. Sometimes, we need to spend some time alone. Matthew 14:12 & Matthew 14:23
9. Love. Love. Love! It’s all about love. After all, God is the Author of Love, not confusion. Matthew 22:36-40
10. Keep your promises. Matthew 5:37
Who’s the most important person in your life — and how would your day-to-day existence be different without them?
The most important person in my life happens to be people actually. My sisters. Without them, I wouldn’t have anyone to trade stories with when I get home on evenings. No mom means no beautiful home-cooked meals. I do cook, but for the time being, I still need Ma to show me around the kitchen. No dad means no history banter and no one banters like him when it comes to history! I got my love of history from him. Without my friends, I would be anti-social. I sometimes tend to value being alone more than any other thing.
Today, I am thankful for many things, but MOST OF ALL, I am thankful for Jesus Christ. Without Him in my life, I don’t know where I will be. He has been patient with me over the years while I was out there in the world trying to find myself. With Him in my life, things have been better. Not every day is a smooth sailing one, but it gives me such comfort to know that He is always there for me.
Image via Pinterest
I have many things that I want to share in the coming days, weeks, months… so I apologize in advance for an influx of daily posts that may cramp your reader. I’m used to posting 2-4 posts, now I’m looking at 5-7 posts daily. Plus, you should see my Drafts!
I’ve been trying to find the right time to start posting book reviews, but there isn’t a right time. It’s either I post now or never. I’ve decided to post reviews on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays for the time being.